The heritage-listed Vine Lodge House and Outbuilding is located on a large rural property in the picturesque village of Exeter in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales. It offers a unique heritage getaway, styled with contemporary furnishings.
Step back in time and stay in one of the original homes of the district. Vine Lodge sleeps 14 people. The main house has five bedrooms and the charming outbuilding wing (circa 1826) accommodates up to four visitors.
- Sleeps up to 10 guests
- Five bedrooms (1 double with ensuite, 1 king with ensuite, 3 queen)
- One queen room is accessed via an undercover verandah
- Contemporary kitchen and refectory-style dining area
- Sleeps up to 4 guests
- 1 bedroom (king bed)
- 3 single beds (2 of these beds are best suited for children)
- A welcome to the home
- Onsite manager
- Hydronic heating
- Linen and towels
- Late checkout
- Swimming pool
- Carport for 3 vehicles
- Gardens to stroll through
- District views to lose yourself in
- Midweek $720 per night for 8 people (homestead only). $80 per night for each additional person
- Weekends (F, S) $900 per night for 8 people (homestead only). $100 per night for each additional person
- Long weekends have a minimum stay of 3 nights
- The summer period 24 December to 12 January has a minimum stay of 4 nights and will be charged at weekend rates.
SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
The Vine Lodge property is a heritage treasure and we treat it as such. Some sections of the building fabric are fragile. Your historic experience may be characterized by floorboards that creek, uneven sandstone paving, steps with non-standard rises, low door openings and flaking lime wash wall finishes.
Enjoy your country experience, away from screens. We have one television in the house.
We love parties and pets, but not at our place.
Most guests bring indoor shoes, pack your best slippers.
A LONG & RICH HISTORY
Vine Lodge was founded by Henry Badgery circa 1826. Today, the property has been lovingly restored by its current owners. The main house was restored as a residence and the conservation and adaptive reuse of the two outbuildings resulted in a guest wing and studio. Vine Lodge is described as being Colonial Georgian in style, however it incorporates features of the Indian Bungalow style. Read more
The Vine Lodge Property offers short and long term horse agistment, stabling and round yards.
For availability and rates please contact us here or call Andrew Quigley on 0427 579 628
Visitors to the Vine Lodge house do not have access to the horse facilities unless by arrangement.
The quintessential village of Exeter awaits at the end of Vine Lodge’s tree lined driveway. Not that you actually need to leave the property, but the coffee at the Exeter General Store is worth the stroll. While you are there browse the antique shop or book the tennis courts. Beyond Exeter, find wineries galore, bushwalks in Morton National Park and quaint markets, to name a few Southern Highlands distractions. Ask us about our favorite restaurants and cafes.
ACCOMMODATION BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES
To make a booking enquiry or if you simply have a question please complete the form below or call Elina on 0488 956 345